EXPAND9 is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, products or services then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
EXPAND9 may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes as your continued use of the website, products and services after any posted modifications constitute your acceptance of the updated version of the Policy. If you do not accept or agree to this Policy then you must stop using our website and if applicable, our products and services. This Policy was last updated 20/05/18.
What we collect
We may collect the following information about you when you install and use the Remove Duplicates Add-on:
- Email address
- Anonymised usage data, for instance:
- How many times the add-on has been opened/used
- What functionality and features are being used the most
We may collect the following information about you when you request a demo to illuminate:
- Email address
- Job Title
- Job Role
We may collect the following information about you when you access our website:
- IP Address
- Time and date
We may collect the following information when you make a purchase with us:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Where applicable, an email address to apply a license to
What we do with the information we gather
Relating to Remove Duplicates
- The add-on requires a valid and operating email to function correctly. By capturing your email address, we can ensure you are on either the FREE, Trial or if you have purchased a license the Pro version of the add-on.
- We collect anonymised usage data to better understand how the add-on is being used so we can focus on and improve on the areas that matter most to you.
Relating to illuminate
- To notify you if and when illuminate will send out invites out to the platform
- If you have opted into receiving communications regarding our services and products, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Also, from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Relating to our website
- We log IP addresses to provide us with the ability to monitor and protect against suspicious, fraudulent and detrimental activity to our servers and network.
Relating to purchases made
- PayPal will collect your email address and name whenever you make a purchase. We will only use this information for servicing your customer service queries.
- Where applicable, when purchasing a license to one of our products or services, if an email is provided by you then this is used to match the license to a user.
3rd party processors acting on our behalf
To help secure your interactions, data and provide you with a great experience, we use Cloudflare as a Proxy between our servers and the outside world for any web related access. This allows us to take advantage of Cloudflare’s features such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer), Global caching, CDN (Content delivery network) and WAF(Web application firewall).
For purchase handling and processing we use the industry standard PayPal. This means we do not handle or see anything regarding your payment details (CC number, sort code etc.).
For email marketing and collection, we use MailChimp.
For usage data collection, we use Google Analytics. All data collected and processed is anonymised and used solely for improving our website, products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file containing an identifier (string of letters and numbers) that is transmitted from the server to the user’s browser to be stored and sent back on each subsequent request.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personally identifiable information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, it is not an endorsement on our behalf and once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection, security and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website or service in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you wish to be contacted for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at [email protected] with your removal request.
- You may withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data as set out at any time by un-installing our product or cancelling a subscription to our service and notifying us of this fact. For personal data not required for the ongoing operation of a product or service from us, you can contact us to request it’s deletion at any time from our systems.
Summary of rights under GDPR
- The right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority
- Be informed of what data processing is taking place
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or you would like to talk about your data privacy, please email us at [email protected]
EXPAND9 is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration reference ZA471408.