1. What are we searching for?
In this demo, we’ll be showing just how easy it is to search for and remove duplicate emails.
You can follow along using the demo spreadsheet.
To get started, open the add-on and choose Search for -> Duplicates.
2. What columns are we searching in?
While the add-on supports searching across multiple columns, here we only want to search in the email column. Click Across -> Select columns, a popup containing all the available columns in the sheet will appear. Find the row labelled email, check the box and hit Save.
3. What do we want to do with the matches?
Finally, choose And -> Delete and hit Search. It’s that easy.
Any duplicate emails will now be removed from the sheet.
As you can see, it’s super simple removing any duplicate data with our Remove Duplicates add-on.
This is just the tip of the iceberg of what else you can do. Here are a few extra things to check out:
- Experiment by combing columns to narrow or widen your search.
- Try setting the search mode to Keyword, and the operation to Highlight, you now have a way to highlight any rows containing a word
- Set the operation to Append to. Instead of removing any matches, you can now build up a separate sheet containing your matches
- Before doing any searches, Tick Backup sheet to always have an original copy on hand